Living in this hectic life means that we are not aware of our own happiness and needs. People nowadays work way too hard and too long to make both end meet. We would set a target but when the target is met, we want more and working becomes a never ending story because there is no satisfaction in whatsoever. Depression comes and haunts you forever and trust me, I had been there. So for a moment, let's think for our own and be selfish for a little while. Pamper yourself once a while, it's not too much right? Here are 50 ways of how I am trying to make myself happy but I think they suit the hardworking and dedicated people like you too :
1) Have your passion as your career. If you are passionate in your career, you are mixing play with work which make your job much more enjoyable.
2) Stay healthy - I am trying.
3) Participate in community events - I am trying also..(hehe)
4) Stop worrying.
5) Be thankful and contented.
6) Count your blessings.
7) Exercise regularly - I will
8) Volunteer in charity work.
9) Provide to those in need - SERIOUSLY ONLY TO THOSE IN NEED!
10) Forgive yourself.
11) Set goals - my goal is to travel the world!
12) Celebrate others' success.
13) Believe in yourself.
14) Take criticism as a feedback - I am good in it.
15) Forget about things you are unable to change and focus your energy on things you can change - It was hard but I did it!
16) Keep stress level low - eat chocolates and ice cream but not excessively.
17) Compliment others - I am still trying because I prefer others to praise me.
19) Sing - Humming in the bathroom or even sing your lungs out in the karaoke.
20) Be patient - keeps my blood pressure low.
21) Read jokes - I make jokes too.
22) Focus on others around you instead of just yourself - don't be selfish.
23) Have a hobby - lim teh'ing'.
24) Rest well - I am trying.
26) Put a smile on others face - It always brighten my day up!
27) Surround yourself with positive friends - I am so blessed.
28) Remove friends who are negative from your life.
29) Learn something new - can be anything.
30) Have a pet - I have my baby 'whiskey' ( a shih Tzu )
31) Smile always.
32) Forgive others who hurt you in the past - more sadness if keep on hating that person.
33) Do not have high demands for others - a little is ok.
34) Have an appropriate demand for yourself.
35) Be near nature - I love mother nature!
36) Watch comedies or cartoons - It's not childish!
37) Be yourself - do not care of what others think of you!
38) Build up your self esteem - don't let anything pull you down.
39) Be honest to yourself and others - lying puts you in a depressed mode.
40) Enjoy the present, live life to the fullest - That's me!
41) Respect others and respect yourself.
42) Be assertive - I say 'NO' when I don't want to but in a polite way so not to upset others.
43) Have a religious faith - It helps to keep me in the correct track.
44) Take lots of photos and keep them in an album - looking at those photos brings back sweet memories even though much of them are in the hard disc or FB.
45) Take holidays and visit countries you had wished to visit- I am good at this.
46) Do something new - I visit new cafes though not everyday.
47) Buy a small present for yourself - I prefer a medium-sized one.
48) Save money - I am trying as I think I will be happier if I do not need to worry about the lack of money.
49) Talk more!
50) Attend motivation classes if there are any - I found them very helpful.
Wish all of you a happier you!